Inspiration for this game

I made plans for this game when I first started to learn how to code. I originally made a spoof of the game Snake to practice learning Java for the first time. I ran into an error that did not move the lower portions of the snake, effectively just spawning in an extra segment of the snake each time an apple was made. It seemed to clone the parts of the snake everywhere it went but the snake did not move. As every programmer can attest to, these errors can take a long time to fix. Eventually I got bored and started to play the game with the glitch and tried not to hit the parts I went to before. I fixed up the game but kept the idea for the glitched version (the concept of the game now called “Avoid”). I tested the concept years ago on a small 5 by 5 grid. I managed to solve it on the board but I thought people would not like the difficulty so I added some power ups along with a larger board. Honestly I made the overall concept of the game 5 years ago but I kept the designs. While I was in college I took a class called “Discrete math”. The class was basically a logic class that focused more on puzzle solving and being able to tell if a problem has a solution than mathematical arithmetic. I remember one of the weeks for the courses we focused on a Hamitonian circuit. This is a simplification of the concept but basically it's about a trucker that wants to visit every state in the USA one time given a starting state, if they go to a state twice they lose, but if they go to all 50 states then they win. I translated this concept to the game with a few handy caps. Originally the move motions of the player, unlike the release version of 1 then 2 was actually 1 2 3. I removed the 3 because it made the player more prone to getting stuck so I just kept it at 1 and 2. Here is a link for the hamiltonian circuit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamiltonian_path